The global spread continues. Slovenia has begun the legislative process towards full same sex marriage. Will this be the first former Easter bloc country to get there?
From Box Turtle Bulletin
Slovenia marriage bill passes first reading
March 4th, 2010
The government of Slovenia is proposing a revised Family Law bill which would legalize same-sex marriage and allow for gay adoptions. The bill was proposed on September 21, 2009 and has gone through a period of public debate.
Yesterday, after heated debate – with much emphasis on the adoption provision – the Slovenian Parliament passed a first reading of the bill by a vote of 46 to 38.
According to the NYU Law School, a bill undergoes three readings, the first of which is a debate over the reasons, principles, and goals of the law.
- Memo to Cardinal George: “Redefining” Marriage. (queeringthechurch.wordpress.com)
- Oz Marriage Equality Draws Ever Nearer. (queeringthechurch.wordpress.com)
- Oz Marriage Equality Draws Ever Nearer. (queering-the-church.com)
- A Catholic Statement of Support for Same-Sex Marriage (thewildreed.blogspot.com)
- In Minnesota, Catholics Support Marriage Equality. (queertheology.blogspot.com)
- Equality and inclusion advancing, worldwide. (queering-the-church.com)