No substantive posting today, as I have been out all day on retreat with the Soho Masses congregation, with with as retreat director.Fr Bernard Lynch. Bernard is Irish, and is even more concerned about the poor position of women in the Catholic Church than about that of gay men.
As an aside to a discussion on a broader topic, he made the following useful suggestion for the Irish Church. The best way for them to recover from the hurt inflicted on them, he says, is for every Irish Catholic to stay well away from Catholic priests and Catholic buildings for a year. During that time, the impressive Irish women can fill the breach, celebrating Mass for their families in their own homes.
Sounds good to me: Now, what about elsewhere?
- What Irish Catholics Believe (queertheology.blogspot.com)
- “A Nobody Leading Nobodies” (commonwealmagazine.org)
- My Numbers Are Bigger Than Yours: Irish Priest Association Challenges Irish Bishops on Assessment of Mass Boycott (bilgrimage.blogspot.com)
- Robert Blair Kaiser Urges Irish to Fix Their “Broken Church” (opentabernacle.wordpress.com)
- “Heart Speaks To Heart” Ctd (andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com)